Judah’s House is a ministry of Cross Church in San Benito, Texas. You may also come by the church offices, Tuesday – Friday from 9AM – 5PM, and someone there will assist you.
2. How does Judah’s House help families and individuals who are homeless?
Judah’s House provides temporary housing, advocacy and support to families with children and individuals who find themselves without a home.
3. Does Judah’s House provide temporary housing for men?
Even though Judah’s House wishes they could help everyone, we currently only offer services to women with or without children. However, we can and will advocate for men and assist them in finding suitable housing.
4. I am in an emergency need of housing. Can I stay at Judah’s House tonight?
Currently, Judah’s House does not provide emergency housing units. Individuals who are in an emergency need are welcome to contact us. We will do our best to refer emergency cases.
5. Does Judah’s House provide any monetary help?
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with any monetary help. There may be other resources or programs we can refer you to that might provide this type of assistance.
6. Is Judah’s House a domestic violence shelter?
Judah’s House is not a domestic violence shelter. However, we will provide information on any other programs that can assist women in these circumstances. If you find yourself under these dangerous environments, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
7. Is there a fee to stay at Judah’s House?
Judah’s House is a home that provides shelter or short-term housing at no cost.
8. What are the requirements for staying at Judah’s House?
Women wishing to stay at Judah’s House must be 18 years of age or older. They must be willing to abide by the Judah’s House rules of conduct at all times.
9. What are the age requirements for children who need assistance along with their mothers?
Children who will accompany their mothers must be between the ages of 0 to 16 years of age. If a child is 16 years of age, he/she will be required to complete a Criminal / Sex Offender Background Check.
10. When is Judah’s House open?
Although we are not an emergency shelter and have daytime office hours, our hotline is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
11. I know someone who is homeless. Can you help her?
We encourage anyone who finds themselves in any homeless state to call our hotline number immediately so that we can understand your circumstances and offer assistance or give referrals to other agencies.
If you wish to learn more about how you can have a positive impact at Judah’s House and in the lives of those we serve, click on the DONATE button found on our website at www.judahshouse.net or click on our DONATE button on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/JudahsHouseRGV. You may also contact us at (956)399-5590 and ask for a Judah’s House staff member.